West Wing Week: 09/07/12 or "Engage!"
This week, the President visited Fort Bliss two years after he marked the end of major combat operations in Iraq and visited with victims of Hurricane Isaac. Meanwhile, the White House released its top secret beer recipe and the new White House app, and "We the People" got its three millionth signature.
Friday, August 31st:
- The President returned to Fort Bliss to mark the two year anniversary of the War in Iraq, and discuss his commitment to our men and women in uniform.
Saturday, September 1st:
- The White House released a behind the scenes look at the home brewing process for the White House Honey Ale and White House Honey Porter.
Monday, September 3rd:
- The President visited St. John The Baptist Parish in Louisiana to take in the damage from Hurricane Isaac and meet with officials responding to the disaster.
Tuesday, September 4th:
- The White House relaunched the White House App in order to meet the growing demand of people visiting whitehouse.gov on their mobile devices.
- We the People, a powerful and simple way to petition the Obama Administration, crossed the three million signature threshold.
Wednesday, September 5th:
- The White House hosted a special session of Office Hours on Twitter with White House Curator, Bill Allman.