2011 White House Easter Egg Roll
Play with Your Food
Chefs from around the country came to the White House to show visitors ways they can get healthy and get active, as part of the “Get Up and Go!” theme of the 2011 White House Easter Egg Roll. Watch their videos below:
Actors, athletes, authors, and even the President himself read from children’s books at the Storytime Stage. Watch the videos below:
- President Obama reads “Where the Wild Things Are,” by Maurice Sendak
- Author John Bemelmans Marciano reads his grandfather's book "Madeleine"
- Actress Geena Davis reads "When Dinosaurs Came with Everything" by Elise Broach
- Figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi reads from her book "Dream Big Little Pig"
- Actor John Lithgow reads from his children's books
- Actors Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos read "Robot Zot!" by Jon Scieszka and David Shannon
- Chef Carla Hall reads "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein
Easter Egg Roll Poster Contest
Students from Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia submitted more than 400 entries to be the Easter Egg Roll’s official poster. First Lady Obama selected two co-winners, Morgan Ferrans of Maryland, and Alyssa Pendergast of Virginia. Check out their winning designs!
White House Easter Egg
The painted, autographed wooden eggs used in the 2011 White House Easter Egg Roll are available for purchase from easter.nationalparks.org.